Thursday 14 February 2013

So I'm a bit of a reader ...

I read a lot. Not as much as some, but more than most. I usually tell people about a book per day, but it's not quite that. I'm usually about 20 to 50 books per year shy of that, and that's going to vary drastically depending on the day of the week, how busy I am at work and whether I'm reading a typical 100K-word novel or Peter Hamilton's latest attempt at deforestation via publishing.

I'm also mildly insomniac. Always have been, pretty much since I was a teenager. For me this means that around once or twice per week I'll wake up after about three or four hours of sleep and I'll be Awake. If I'm lucky I can get a small nap before I have to get up, but most times I'll just reach for my e-reader and wait for my alarm to go off. So, I read a lot.

I'm also very visible in my reading. If I'm walking down the street to get lunch, it's typically with e-reader in hand. I use my main e-reader to take notes in meetings or presentations as well so there's that as well. I read on the way from my car park to my desk. People see me read a lot.

With all this I get a lot of questions about what I'm reading and what I recommend. So that's one of the reasons for writing this blog. The other main reason is to help organize my thoughts on what I'm reading, because that's sometimes necessary when you read a lot.

Currently Reading: Blue Remembered Earth by Alastair Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment